Email MeMichael J. Streng
888-357-5346 (Toll Free)
937-642-1371 (Worker's Compensation)
Michael J. Streng is a partner at Cannizzaro, Bridges, Jillisky & Streng, LLC. Cannizzaro, Bridges, Jillisky & Streng, LLC has been recognized by US News and World Reports as a Top Tier Law Firm in Ohio and maintains an AV Rating with Martindale Hubbel.
Michael is a dedicated trial lawyer who helps people who are often overlooked by the justice system. Specifically, Michael defends and represents those who have been charged with serious traffic and criminal violations.
In addition to his formal undergraduate and doctorate education at Capital University, Michael has completed The Trial Lawyers College designed by Gerry Spence. Michael has also completed the same training as law enforcement in DWI detection and Standardized Field Sobriety Testing.
Michael is a contributing author to Trial Techniques for Criminal Cases published by Thompson Reuters/Aspatore, 2010. He has given numerous lectures on the legal issues of DUI and teaches other attorneys how to defend OVI and criminal cases.
In 2009 Michael was featured as the defense attorney for a CLE where a real OVI case was presented to a jury from jury selection to verdict. This event was recorded with closed circuit cameras inside the jury room for prosecutors and defense attorneys to learn how jurors process evidence in OVI/DUI cases.
Michael has lectured at the OACDL Annual Advanced DUI Seminar ('07, '08, '09, ‘11, '12, ‘13) and is the co-chairman of the seminar for 2014; Further, Michael has lectured on the subject of legal ethics in OVI cases for Lorman ('11); many Driver Intervention Programs (DIP) and has been interviewed in Business First magazine.
Michael is recognized as a Rising Star in the Ohio Super Lawyer Directory; he is a nationally ranked as a superior DUI attorney by the National Advocacy for DUI Defense, LLC (NAFDD) - The Top 100 DUI Lawyers in Each State; is a member of the National Trial Lawyers - The Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Each State; the National Trial Lawyers - Top 40 Under 40 (Ohio); he is recognized in the Who's Who registry in the area of criminal defense; he is a member of the Ohio State Bar Association, the Union County Bar Association (Past President), the National Association for Criminal Defense Lawyers and the Ohio Association for Criminal Defense Lawyers where he is on the OVI committee and defense lawyer strike force.
Michael takes pride in providing legal advice that is both practical and knowledgeable. Mike looks forward to helping you with your legal situation.
Areas of Practice
- Felony Criminal Defense
- Misdemeanor Criminal Defense
- OVI/DWI/DUI Defense
- Traffic Defense
- Juvenile Criminal and Traffic Defense
- Juvenile Delinquency and Unruliness
- Personal Injury
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio
- Capital University Law School, Columbus, Ohio
- J.D. - 2000
- Capital University, Columbus, Ohio
- B.A. - 1997
- Major: Biology & Secondary Education
- Advanced OVI Seminar – Co-Chair, OACDL, 2014
- Advanced OVI Seminar – Cross Examination of the Arresting Officer in Motion Hearings, OACDL, 2013
- Advanced OVI Seminar - Discovering You Client's Story, OACDL, 2012
- Ethics in Defending OVI case, Lorman, 2011
- Tools for the Tool Box - Getting Ready for Trial, OACDL, 2011
- Advanced OVI Seminar - Voir Dire, OACDL, 2011
- Advanced OVI Seminar Speaking to Juries, OACDL, 2010
- Defending an OVI case from Voir Dire to Verdict, Lyons & Lyons, 2009
- Advanced OVI Seminar - Commercial Driver Licenses, OACDL, 2008
- Advanced OVI Seminar - Portable Breath Testing, OACDL, 2007
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Super Lawyer, Rising Star - Top 2.5% of Lawyers Under 40 (Ohio)
- National Trial Lawyers – The Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Each State (Ohio)
- National Trial Lawyers – Top 40 Under 40 (Ohio)
- National Advocacy for DUI Defense, LLC (NAFDD) - The Top 100 DUI Lawyers in Each State (Ohio)
- Who's Who Registry in the area of criminal defense
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Union County Bar Association , Past President
- National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys (NACDL)
- Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys (OACDL), Co-Chair for OVI Committee; Defense Lawyer Strike Force