You work hard and are loyal to your employer. You hope they have your best interest in mind too. What do you do when you get injured at work? Here is a quick checklist of what you should do after being injured at work:
- Report injury to supervisor immediately.
- Ask that incident report be completed, even if you think your injury is minor.
- Do not treat with company doctors - their interests lie with your company, not you.
- Seek medical treatment with a Bureau of Workers' Compensation certified doctor as soon as possible.
- Gather your gross earnings information and/or unemployment information for the one year period prior to the date of injury.
If you have been injured at work and want to discuss your rights, contact us at the law offices of Bridges, Jillisky, Weller & Gullifer, LLC.