Skip to Content
Call Us today! 937-403-9033

Getting compensated after getting hurt at work


When you're hurt at work, you should be able to apply for workers' compensation. There are a few kinds of benefits you can receive, but the most common is the temporary total disability benefit provided through the Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation. This form of benefits replaces wages lost by those who are unable to work while they are going through recovery.

While you may only know about this kind of workers' compensation, there are also ways you can get compensated in other ways. These benefit payments can't normally be received through litigation on a personal injury claim, but you should be able to work with your attorney to file the correct documents for additional coverage through these processes.

There are a few other kinds of benefits that may be possible. For instance, if you or someone you love is killed in a work accident, you may be entitled to death benefits. Those are paid to your survivors or to the survivors of your loved one. These benefits are 66.75 percent of the workers' average weekly wage and will be paid until a spouse remarries. At that point, any spouse will receive two more years of benefits. Children are paid until they turn 18 or are emancipated. If they decide to go to an accredited institution of higher learning, then they can receive these benefits until age 25.

With workers' compensation, you may need help from your attorney to navigate the paperwork. If you're applying for less commonly applied benefits, then you could need an attorney to help you with those application processes that are lesser known. Our website has more information on these benefits, so you can learn more about your options.