Union County Theft Lawyer
Fierce Representation for Theft Charges in Ohio
The penalties for theft vary depending on the value of the items in questions, the means in which the property was stolen, and other circumstances. At Bridges, Jillisky, Streng, Weller & Gullifer, LLC, our experienced Union County theft attorneys aggressively represent the rights of clients in whatever situations they face. Our team of legal professionals can guide you through your circumstances step by step, from early advice in avoiding self-incrimination to obtaining the best possible outcome on your behalf. We are wholeheartedly committed to the client and dedicated to satisfactory results.
For more information and a free consultation, call our firm at (937) 403-9033! We are AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell®.
Penalties for Theft Crimes in Ohio
Depending on the circumstances of the crime, theft can incur severe penalties if convicted. It is important to retain the services of an experienced attorney to guide you through your options.
Ohio's standard sentencing guidelines for theft are summarized below:
- First Degree Misdemeanor: This may include a maximum fine of $1,000 and/or a jail sentence of up to 180 days.
- Fifth Degree Felony: This may include a maximum fine of $2,500 and/or imprisonment from six months to one year.
- Fourth Degree Felony: This may include a maximum fine of $5,000 and/or imprisonment from 6 to 18 months.
- Third Degree Felony: This may include a maximum fine of $10,000 and/or imprisonment from one to five years.
- Second Degree Felony: This may include a maximum fine of $15,000 and/or imprisonment from two to eight years.
- First Degree Felony: This may include a maximum fine of $20,000 and/or imprisonment from three to ten years.
Only a skilled lawyer will be able to effectively defend your rights and negotiate the best possible outcome. Don't leave your future up to chance, choose quality when defending your rights.
Let our skilled Union County theft attorneys represent your case. Begin your free consultation with Bridges, Jillisky, Streng, Weller & Gullifer, LLC by calling (937) 403-9033!